Tata Steel is currently the world’s second-most geographically diversified steel producer. They are one of the few steel operations that are fully integrated – from mining to the manufacturing and marketing of finished products. Today, they operate in 26 countries and have a commercial presence in over 50 countries with employees across five continents.
THE SUMMARY STATEMENT
Tata Steel, a company that takes immense pride in its legacy, wished to extend its values and ethics across its global footprint. A dynamic organisation that believes in endorsing the best sought to showcase the same to the world. To achieve the same, this global conglomerate required an updated Enterprise Brand Identity and a responsive site, with UEx that is both world-class and effective. The one-line brief to us was that they wanted a disruptive approach to their website.
A befittingly stunning website with global appeal for a global conglomerate.
To accomplish the clearly defined objectives of this ambitious project, we decided to position Tata Steel as a global player with end-to-end value chain. The website had to resonate the core identity, i.e. Tata Steel is a pioneering global company creating sustainable value with passion.
The 6 Capitals of Integrated Report that we referred to for content development are Manufactured, Financial, Human, Intelligence, Relationships and Environmental.
We set out to drive the trust areas of the Brand Identity in a proactive manner. Equal emphasis was given to each of these: Business Excellence, People-Centricity, Sustainability and Dynamism.
For the website’s narrative, we chose a solutions-oriented strategy relevant to every geography. We didn’t restrict ourselves to informing our audience about the steel-making operations or product portfolio of the company.
To make relevant content easily accessible on this information-heavy and dynamic website, we rethought the user experience & information architecture, and opted to build it on a flexible content management system.
The best of talent at HDS teamed up to build an aesthetically pleasing and content rich website. Creating this responsive, intuitive, easy-to-navigate and simple-to-manage website has been a truly enriching experience.
Approach for content:
- Short, crisp sentence using British English to stay accent neutral.
- A more humane and contemporary approach with a tonality that is hospitable.
- Use of action words instead of dry factual reporting to move from being a repository of data and hence create the true personality of the brand.
Approach for visuals:
- Weave in an interesting element with cinemagraphs to capture viewers’ attention.
- Vibrant and dynamic images, communicating the global quality of the brand.
- People-based and un-staged pictures showcasing employees as far as possible.
- Not to over do plant and product shots and ensure human presence wherever possible.